FIRE!

Feb. 16th, 2016 12:30 am
restoman: (Little Jimmy)
[personal profile] restoman
At noon today, I drove to Home Depot to pick up pipe insulation when I got a call from Chris ([livejournal.com profile] stormdog). He said there was a fire on my block, fortunately, not at my house. Before I left Home Depot, I had another call from Johnny telling me the same thing. When I got home, the street was filled with emergency vehicles. The flames were out, but smoke was still drifting out of my neighbor's house. Kenny, a retired carpet-installer lived in that house with his girlfriend and 19-year-old daughter. The water pipes had frozen in the back part of his house and he had set up an old box-style electric space heater to thaw them. Kenny then left to run errands. No one was home when the space heater set some insulation on fire. The fire spread quickly, gutting most of the house and destroying the back end. Their dog, Bruno, died in the fire. Kenny and his family lost almost everything. It is doubtful that the house itself can be saved.

I feel awful for their loss.


This was the scene from my front porch.

The back end of the house was badly damaged.
From:
Anonymous( )Anonymous This account has disabled anonymous posting.
OpenID( )OpenID You can comment on this post while signed in with an account from many other sites, once you have confirmed your email address. Sign in using OpenID.
User
Account name:
Password:
If you don't have an account you can create one now.
Subject:
HTML doesn't work in the subject.

Message:

 
Notice: This account is set to log the IP addresses of everyone who comments.
Links will be displayed as unclickable URLs to help prevent spam.

Profile

restoman: (Default)
restoman

February 2017

S M T W T F S
   123 4
567891011
12 131415161718
19202122232425
262728    

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 24th, 2017 09:17 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios